Tuesday, January 21, 2014

DECISIONS, DECISIONS



"Life is best lived backwards," said Soren Kierkegaard, "but unfortunately we have to live it forward."

No wonder we sometimes feel confused. Here we are at the intersection of "I Dunno Street" and "What If? Boulevard." Which road should I take? Which way would be best?

The fact is that indecision puts us on hold and being on hold is stressful. The good news is that since indecision is something I do to myself (after all, it's "my" decision), I am the one who can do something about it. I can decide which path to choose.

Here are some common sense questions I can ask myself.

Step 1 What is the best that can happen?
Step 2 What is the worst that can happen?
Step 3 Is Step 1 worth risking Step 2?
Step 4 Can I live with Step 2 if it occurs?

Since wise decision making is closely linked to success and healthy emotional well-being, let's make 2014 a year of good decision making. Perhaps the best decision we can make is to become more decisive.

No comments:

Post a Comment